Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A moving story

When my dear daughter went off to university, the move was pretty much all mine.

When she moved out of res and into a house in town after her first year, dad's back and dad's truck bore the brunt.

When she switched schools and moved again after her second year, I was there. As was my truck, needless to say, but I only had to make one trip, for the big stuff.

There were a couple more moves between apartments while she finished her studies that hardly involved me at all.


She's recently moved again, into her very first house. She bought it with her fiancee. He's got a Ph.D in chemistry and a finer truck than mine. The move was done 100% without me.

That's how you know you succeeded in your parenting; your child can navigate the world without your help.


So why do I feel sad?







No comments:

Post a Comment