Thursday, October 6, 2022

Why white lives matter to Yeezy

Shouldn't be hard to figure out. The musician/artist/businessman/provocateur once known as Kanye West is a billionaire. Like all billionaires, he demands the very best in professional support staff. Accountants, tax lawyers, financial advisors, PR professionals, you name it. It takes a village to raise a billionaire. Tragically, those are all fields where white lives matter. They matter because systemic racism has kept Black people out of those professions. That's why white lives matter. Unfortunately for Yeezy, stating this obvious truth out loud has landed him in a whole heap 'o doo-doo. His Addidas partnership is under review. Oh my God, I better hustle to the mall and get me a pair of $800 Yeezy sneakers while there's still time! Some outraged wokeling writing in the New York Times informs me that no less an authority than the ADL has determined "white lives matter" is hate speech, so we all need to hate Yeezy now for uttering hate speech. I'm not convinced. I've got a better reason to hate Yeezy. Look up some footage from his Paris show and check out his actual fashions. That shit sucks! I don't think there's anything there that a self-respecting person would wear in public, unless they lost a bet or something. If you have to hate on Yeezy, hate him for his crimes against good taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment