Friday, April 19, 2024

How to tell when we hit Peak Woke

You’ve probably seen this story. Dude in Ontario comes to the realization that he’s actually not a dude, but not a woman either. He’s non-binary! That’s not the first time somebody couldn’t make up their mind, but here’s why this story made the news. Ontario’s public health plan, OHIP, covers transition surgery. Whether your looking for a vaginoplasty or an addadictomy, OHIP’s (ie the taxpayer) got you covered. Sounds plenty accommodating to me, but get this; Dude wanted the vaginoplasty, but also wanted to keep his penis, just in case! OHIP balked. This was a bridge too far, even for the wokees at OHIP. OHIP does not fund “experimental” procedures. Hence the court action. I thought this story so out there I didn’t comment on it the time. It just begs for ridicule. The jokes are so obvious… double dipping… having your cake etc… having it both ways… No, best just to ignore it. Meanwhile, Dude is off in Texas having his dreams come true. Apparently OHIP will pay the tab after all. Human rights! Today I’m having lunch with a guy who survived prostate cancer. “My doctor at Sunnybrook, a top-shelf surgeon, wanted to try an innovative procedure. OHIP ruled it “experimental. I’m not a wealthy man, and I had to pay $23,000 out of my retirement funds because OHIP refused!” You can see why he’d be pissed off! If society is not yet at “peak woke,” you just gotta pray we’re getting really close.

No comments:

Post a Comment