Friday, June 22, 2018

John's barber shop

Apparently John Drimmie has opened up a barber shop in Owen Sound.

That's good to know, because I need a haircut something bad.

It was John's mom who clued me in to the barber shop. His mom and me go way back, even way further back than either of us care to remember.

John's mom married the sibling or maybe a cousin of one of my grade school pals, David Drimmie. The Drimmies had a turkey farm just outside of Elora at the time me and David were school pals, and they also owned a sawmill in town.

Me and Dave used to play in that sawmill after school.

Somewhere along the line the Drimmie sawmill became the Elora Inn. Ya, that fancy-pants Inn overlooking the Tooth of Time.

As a matter of fact, I proposed to my first wife right there at the Elora Inn after a fabulously over-priced dinner. I'd got one of the wait staff to bring out the engagement ring!

How romantic was that?

Alas, it was all downhill from there...

So today John Drimmie's mom tells me John has a barber shop in Owen Sound.

"And you know he has a degree in economics," she says.

Well, actually, I do. And not only that, I happen to know he did an internship on an organic farm for a spell.

So the organic farmer with a degree in economics has opened up a barber shop...


Hey John, I'll be there as soon as your Mamma gives me the address. I want it way short on the sides and maybe a little longer at the top.


See you soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment