Saturday, December 15, 2018

Hey four-eyes!...

I used to hear that a lot after I got glasses in the eighth grade.

Hey four-eyes! That was always the prelude to the inevitable bullying that followed. It followed me for a couple of years into high school, and then it mysteriously stopped.

That wasn't really a mystery. I'd got two feet taller and put on seventy-five pounds. I distinctly remember meeting one of my tormentors in the street when I was about seventeen or so.

Hey, Buddy, it's me! Four-eyes! Thwack thwack, thump thump, and Buddy the bully was flat on his ass right there on Suffolk Street.

And all of a sudden I was the bully.


World stage bullying isn't that much different than high school bullying when you think about it. There's a bully on the world stage and we all know his name. But we pretend it's not bullying.

The bully on the world stage has a special gang of sycophants now known, ironically enough from my point of view, as "the Five Eyes."

Canada is pleased to be part of this gang.

We the Fab Five will be first to proclaim the virtues of the Bully's bullying.

If Boss Bully proclaims an elected president in Ukraine unfit for office, we're 100% with the bully.

If Boss Bully proclaims that Assad is unfit to breathe air on this planet, we're 100% behind him.

If Boss Bully sanctions Iran or China or Russia for the crime of being uppity, we're 100% in the camp of the bully.

The Boss Bully has decreed that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, contra international law and innumerable UN resolutions.

And the me-too minions in Boss Bully's gang are starting to fall in line.


It's just a matter of time before we fall in line.









No comments:

Post a Comment