Thursday, January 2, 2020

Pot pains

I'm not talking about the pain you pot stock investors are feeling. You were no doubt duped by the Globe and Mail's relentless cheerleading of the legal weed biz.

I was ahead of that story, but I've been having my own pot pains. I switched to a vape a few years ago, and overall I have to say that was a happy thing. My pot would last way longer, and I was doing a lot less coughing.

There's a lot to be said for that. Then my vaporiser expired. I replaced it with a state of the art unit that cost twice as much and worked half as well.

Then one fateful day, as I was reloading it, I lost the screen for that new vape. That drove me right back to rolling joints with a Players paper.

Since then I've been occasionally using the vape without the screen, which is doable but demands it's own technique, and twisting doobs.

My pot doesn't last as long, and I cough more.

I thought maybe I'd try out a bong just to get away from those throat-searing doobies.

Have you ever noticed that all the Korean variety stores have a nice selection of bongs on offer? What the fuck is up with that?

Then again, the Korean Extortionist charges me exactly $4.20 for a weekday Globe. Is he in on the scam?

Either way, he was happy enough to sell me a little bong for ten bucks.

I didn't sport a stache the last time I used a bong, so getting a "little" one was probably a mistake.

Nevertheless, in spite of a few singed stache hairs, I've had a great time burning the vape tailings I've saved up over the years. I was taken aback when Junior informed me that after I'd vaped on the same load of pot three or four times, I could then smoke it...

That just sounded too good to be true.


Turns out he was right.




No comments:

Post a Comment