Friday, January 3, 2020

White Alien

Do you ever wonder how pot gets named? Like, who came up with "white alien," and why?

Why "white" alien?

Why not a "brown" alien?

Were the name inventors secret racists?

Or were they intimidated by the forces of political correctitude?

I'm asking these questions because my old pal Kipling, a highly accomplished herbalist, gifted me a few varieties from this years crop. Thanks pal!

To me, weed is weed. Sure, some weed hits you different than other weed, but that's part of the whole weed adventure, to my way of thinking. You're never quite sure where things might go.

Nowadays there's a bizillione different names for pot, and at this very moment I'll bet millions of pot-heads are inventing ever more.

It's good marketing too, now that pot is gone mainstream in more and more places.

So he's got jar of some kinda kush, something called Canuck, and the aforementioned white alien.

He tells me this one will make you want to tidy up your shop, this other one will make you want to listen to opera, and the last one just puts you on your ass.

I was hoping to get a good start on tidying up the shop. Like why do I have two snowblowers? Unfortunately, I can't remember which was which, but I'm pretty sure the white alien I'm sampling wasn't the one that motivates you to clean your shop, or do much of anything else, for that matter.


Then again, isn't that the point of smoking a joint?





No comments:

Post a Comment