Sunday, December 27, 2020

Bruno Briefing: Week 1

Bruno has, as of yesterday, embarked on the second week at his new forever home here at Falling Downs.

We had a couple of potentially dangerous brain farts in week 1, where he'd randomly take a gallop down the middle of the road. This isn't a dog (yet) you can trust out of the house without supervision. He's a bit more of a house dog than I expected. More of a couch buddy than a walking buddy.

He's taken a couple of half-hearted runs at squirrels, but we have yet to hear him bark. He's quite the pussy, but he looks mean as hell. I've spent a few happy hours wrestling doggie toys out of his yap, and that's got to be the scariest mouth this side of a snapping turtle.

Every time he takes a drink out of his water dish, the aftermath looks like someone deliberately tossed a glass of water on the floor. When we hear the big slurps we immediately stand by with a towel. 

The longest walk I've manage to get him on took me to the top of the Burgess hill, about half a kilometre into my daily 5K. But, it's early days. I'm sure we'll build on that.




No comments:

Post a Comment