Sunday, December 27, 2020

You can make bagels on your laptop

Ya, I know... get the fuck outta here neumann, I hear you mumble as you click on something else. But I'm not making this up. 

Check this out.   

I'm new to retirement, and I gotta say it's getting kinda old. I mean, planning which room you're going to paint next, and what colour, well... what can I say?

What I can say is that ain't gonna be my "golden years." And while I do have some longish-term plans, in the short term I feel I need to do something just to get out of my retirement rut, which has devolved into an orgy of beer-swilling, pot-smoking, blog-spewing nihilism. 

Or something like that. 

So I went to the Canada Job Bank to see what kind of employment opportunities might be out there, and what the heck, I find this "baker's helper" job posted by Kettlemans, an Ottawa bagel outfit. It's a long way from Owen Sound to Ottawa, but, thank goodness, this is a "virtual" job.

Virtual jobs are a new category that the folks at Canada Job Bank invented since the rise of covid. Virtual jobs are jobs you can do from lockdown over the internet!

Perfect!

As regular readers will know, I've been a fan of bagel making since my old pal Amanda Robinovich was trying to get her bagel joint off the ground down in Maryland a few years ago. (footnote: Amanda's bagel emporium was burned to the ground again in the George Floyd riots last summer, and she finally pulled the plug. Once I learn how to make virtual laptop bagels I'll reach out to her.)

I'll be giving Kettlemans a call Monday morning. I'm keen to get in on the ground floor of over-the-internet bagel-making.

The only problem is, if I get a job making internet bagels, it doesn't get me out of the house...



No comments:

Post a Comment