Thursday, September 22, 2022

If dentists could write tickets for careless flossing...

We'd have to have Dental Courts. Had a visit to the dentist today. Remember that Alice Cooper lyric to the effect "your teeth are OK, but your gums gotta go?" Well, I'm living the dream. Not that my gums gotta go just yet, as long as I keep flossing and proxa-brushing at least 45 minutes per day, and brush my teeth after every meal, can of pop, or beer. According to the dentist, gum care should be the number one priority in your life. For sure; if you don't have healthy gums, you got nothing. On the other hand, at my age I figure I'm playing out the forth quarter. Might get a little injury time if I'm lucky, but I really don't need to treat gums or teeth as if I'm gonna need them for the next fifty years. But that's not how the dental profession sees it. They have this innocent way of asking if you've been sticking those little brushes between your teeth. They already know from looking at them that you haven't, but they ask you anyway, just to pile on you the added guilt of being a liar on top of the shame of negligent gum care. I don't care for all that stress, so today I fessed up off the top; I'm a complete failure as a flosser. Nothing happened. Guess they can't write tickets yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment