Saturday, March 9, 2024

Revisiting Maslow's hierarchy of needs

I was on Kijiji scoping out older class B motorhomes similar to one I owned 50 years ago. That's because when we were in town today, we saw a very well-kept Home & Park model in the parking lot at Food Basics, mid-80s vintage on a Dodge chassis, and I was wondering what something like that might go for today. There's a banner ad from Scotiabank I can't shake. It follows me to every class B I click on. It is inviting me to sign up for a Scotiabank Momentum Visa card. "Earn 2% cash back on your everyday needs..." it begins. 2% off on everyday needs! I'm in! Sign me up! Food, shelter, clothing... you can save 2% on all your basic needs! Here's the quote in full; "Earn 2% cash back on your everyday needs, from snacking to streaming." When I consider my everyday needs, neither snacking or streaming ever comes up. Makes me wonder what kind of idiots sign up for this credit card, and how they can possibly mistake snacking and streaming for human needs. Society is doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment