Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Trading the 24/7 infotainment circus for the simple pleasure of watching buzzards cavort in the skies

I've been working on a gradual withdrawal from screen addiction. I haven't watched Al Jazeera for 48 hours straight, until tonight, so obviously I'm making some progress. Guess I would have made more if I'd refrained from clicking on it tonight, but, baby steps! Not that there wasn't plenty of juicy news over the weekend. You could have gone to Al Jazeera for the latest dead-babies-in-Gaza update, and of course they'd be all over the Iran strike on Israel. On US sites you were more likely to encounter speculation about what might transpire when Trump shows up at the first of his pending 91 criminal trials in New York on Monday. Over the past few days I've had more stoop time than screen time. The turkey buzzards, or vultures if you will, are either roosting in the barn or somewhere close by, because every day you can see at least a dozen playing in the skies overhead. A soaring sailing gliding buzzard is poetry in motion. Stoop time is infinitely more rewarding than screen time.

No comments:

Post a Comment