Sunday, July 19, 2026
Can the beautiful game survive Trumpian douchebaggery?
I'll be perfectly blunt. Personally, I don't get the allure of "the beautiful game." My late father and all three of my brothers can converse knowledgeably about who's who and what's what in the British Premier League and all the top Liga across Europa.They can spend an afternoon watching a 0-0 draw and act like they witnessed a great sporting event! As far as I'm concerned, normal fans in any other sport feel ripped off by a 0-0 tie.
Nevertheless, FIFA is in charge of the biggest televised sporting event in the world. Bigger than the World Series. Bigger than the Indy 500. Bigger than the Super Bowl! That's why I'm shocked that FIFA boss Johnny Infantino's impeccably-coiffed head has been permanently wedged between Mafia Don's butt-cheeks ever since he presented him with the "FIFA Peace Prize." First one ever! I mean lots of people have won Nobel Peace Prizes... ho hum... But Donny J won the FIRST EVER FIFA PEACE PRIZE!!!
The world has never seen anything like it!
I don't get it. In the big picture, Infantino is a big deal and Trump is... well, not doing all that great. Then again, that name rings a bell... Infantino. Wasn't there a New Jersey Mafia boss by that name back when Donny was building casinos in the Garden State?
Anyway, Spain won and the Argies didn't. The country that denied America its airspace for its criminal attack on Iran defeated the most obnoxious cheerleader for Israeli apartheid and its US-supported genocide.
Let's try to enjoy that, at least for one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment