Saturday, September 5, 2026
What's wrong with kids these days?
If you spend any time at all on news you know it's universal doom 'n damnation all round for the lot of us. If global warming doesn't do us in, the coming ice age surely will. Or the next pandemic. Or the next vaccine, bio-engineered to make you doubt your sanity. Or Putin's war on Freedom and Democracy. Or Trump's next brain fart. Or the Iranian nuke. Or the Ayatollas'never-ending campaign to obstruct God's Will in the Middle East... it goes on and on!
And that's just the big picture. Zoom in on the micro level and things get worse, if such a thing can even be imagined. Housing is unaffordable, decent jobs for grads are scarce, post-secondary ed's 6-number toll in debt peonage for a degree makes no financial sense whatsoever,and if you miraculously survive all that, AI's gonna wreck your career anyway, so why even bother... it's a hopeless world. And I see stories constantly about how young folks are making the only sensible choice possible by choosing NOT to bring children into this hellscape.
That's why I don't understand what's wrong with kids these days, kids I had a hand in rearing. I would have thought they'd know better, but I had to ferry the Farm Manager down City way today to chill out with her new grandson! Yup, no matter the futility of bringing new lives into this doomed world, my dear stepdaughter gifted us one anyway. And if that's not bad enough, my daughter just announced she's bringing a second into this godforsaken world.
Well, for my money, these gals should be applauded, saluted, and celebrated. They are well educated, and their children will be too. There's absolutely no reason to withhold our support. Their children will be our last bulwark of defence against the rabble you saw racing Jetskiis around the pool at the Lincoln Memorial in the first 15 minutes of the famous Michael Moore doc, "Idiocracy."
Anyway, ain't much wrong with these kids that I can see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment