Thursday, October 17, 2019

A tip of the cap to CanadaLand

Back in September I had a bit of a rant when the Globe and Mail provided me with a special Kielburger section to the paper, without mentioning it was paid advertising. (Paid in one way or another.)

I wrote an indignant letter to the ed, and another one to the public editor, fully apprising them of my indignation. These efforts went nowhere.

I couldn't believe that I'm the only one who smells fish in the Kielburger creation myth, and so I googled "Kielburger critics."

Low and behold, these guys came up.

That's the first I ever heard of CanadaLand, which tells you something about how dialled in I am on what's happening in resistance culture. They were ranting about the Globe's Kielburger collaborations years before I even noticed them!



Anyway, I think I'll let them carry the ball. I can't afford to get sued.



No comments:

Post a Comment