Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Strangled by Google's algorithms

 Early on in the life of this blog it enjoyed a lovely covid-like growth curve. Since then, unfortunately, Google's algorithms have done a great job "flattening the curve," so to speak.

I suspect I sealed my fate with this post about Seven World Trade Center. Suggesting there was more to 9/11 than the official narrative revealed is heresy, of course. Nine years later I think that post stands the test of time. Why not waterboard Silverstein and Giuliani? It's a harmless enough "interrogation technique" when applied to brown terror suspects. Why should white terror suspects be treated any differently?

There's actually another angle to the Frankel Steel story. Several times during my tenure as an inspector there, I flagged structural columns that had already been approved for shipment but had been fabbed out of the wrong grade of steel, making them substantially weaker than what the design specs called for. It's not unreasonable to assume that some such columns found their way into the building. Could that have contributed to its collapse?

But I digress; back to the algos. Not long after I started the blog, somebody from Before It's News requested permission to post my blog on their site, and it remains there to this day. It's basically a click-bait site and I'm relegated to the "alternative" section, the fringe of the fringe, where you'd think no one would ever find it.

Here's the thing; I routinely get at least two to four times, and frequently more than ten times as many views on any given story on that fringe website than I do at Google-owned Blogger, the biggest blog hosting site on the internet.


How is such a thing even possible?



No comments:

Post a Comment