Friday, August 9, 2019

Opa

He's not my Opa, he's my dad, but the kids have been calling him Opa forever and eventually it became what I call him too.

Opa was recently warned away from doing any arc-welding by his doctor. The electrical impulses from the welding machine could seriously mess up his pacemaker, he was told. Since I'm the acknowledged welding expert in the family, he asked me to give him a tutorial in oxy-acetylene welding.

No electrical complications when you're welding with gas.

I had a day open, and this is it. I arrive at the "home farm" and I notice that Opa has the John Deere up against a tree, bucket up, and he's standing in the bucket sawing off an offending branch with a bow saw.

Opa, my dear father, is closer to 90 than he is to 80.






Dad, you're a real inspiration!






No comments:

Post a Comment