Saturday, September 12, 2020

M I N D F U L L N E S S

 It's been a crazy time, these past few months. Between The Virus and transitioning into "retirement" and getting to know various optometrists, ophthalmologists, and eye surgeons better, I hardly know which end is up anymore.

While all that shit is going on, life continues. My mother-in-law passed away. My daughter got married...


So I've been seeking solace in this "mindfulness" thing. Focus on the moment you are living right now. What's positive about it and what's not. Change what you can and hope for the best, but live as though this is the most important day of your life.

Which it is, of course. 

Part of the deal is stepping back from this all-ensnaring techno-succubus you're reading this on. If you're not careful, aware,... dare I say, "mindful," you can get lost in there and never find your way out.  

That's why I parked the laptop for the afternoon and sat out on the stoop. 

Birds galore. The geese are still doing their practice formations. The mourning doves don't let the blue jays bully them off the feeder...

Took a hike down to Gowan Lake. That's an hour and a half round trip through the woods and the forest air... nothing like it on your laptop.


Give it a try.






No comments:

Post a Comment