Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Crad Kilodney of the internet?

Got a comment the other day referencing Ian Brown's recent Globe and Mail story about Crad Kilodney, and suggesting Kilodney and I are kindred spirits.

The Farm Manager made the same suggestion when Brown's article first came out, and I can see the resemblance. Kilodney was an outsider (of sorts) who never tired of pissing into the wind. Back in the day he was a fixture in downtown Toronto, trying to make a living hawking his self-published books, and apparently he somewhat succeeded in that mission. I used to have friendly enough exchanges with him, but must admit I never made a purchase.

That said, I'll also admit that tackling a book-length project is well beyond my ken. I'm pretty much tuckered out after an 800 word rant. Nor do I aspire to "make a living" by my writing, which is a lucky thing for me, as it would be a meagre living indeed.

On balance, I think he's probably more of a spirit guide than a kindred spirit.


Long live the contrarian ranters!



1 comment:

  1. We need more of you! Now where is that book I bought from him? I am sure it is worth tens of dollars!

    ReplyDelete