Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Bella made my day

Bella lives a kilometre down the side-road where I take my daily walk. 

Back in the day, as I walked by her house with the dog-pack, she would often join us. Bella was a mid-size girl, with collie looks but shepherd markings. She always reminded me of Husso, the first dog I remember having as a kid.

The old pack is long gone by now. Instead, we have Bruno. 

When he's in the mood, I take the mastiff. When he's not in the mood, I don't. And he made a very bad first impression on Bella. I wouldn't quite call it attempted murder, but close.

So today, Bruno opted to stay home with mom, and Bella, for the first time in many months, came out and joined me down to the end of the side-road.

She's definitely getting old. She'll often come out to say hello, but usually turns back after a few hundred feet or so.

Which made today special.


Thanks, Bella!



No comments:

Post a Comment