Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Eight bagels + one loaf of bread = $30

That's the price of going gluten-free. The Boon Bakery in town specializes in gluten-free baking. The Farm Manager asked me to drop by and pick up a few bagels and a loaf of bread. Grocery shopping is normally her department. I've heard rumours about food inflation, apparently caused by Putin, but I wasn't prepared for thirty bucks! For that kind of money I'd expect the bagels to come with the cream cheese and lox already on. Seems to me that since gluten sensitivity is a health issue, doctors should be able to write prescriptions for gluten-free foods. Then our prescription plan would cover groceries, or at least the gluten-free component. Another brilliant idea from the Think Tank at Falling Downs!

No comments:

Post a Comment