Sunday, July 24, 2022

Shoulda opened a junk shop...

God knows I have the inventory. Or at least I had it. Most of my inventory is now in the big green bin (from bin there dump that owen sound, in case you guys want to give me a break on the fee for the mention). Yup, 12 cubic yards of mostly useful stuff you might need someday. And what's really f'd up, is I GOTTA PAY TO GET IT OUTTA HERE! There's two perfectly good tents in there. A couple of duct tape patches here and there, but there's refugees all over the world who would see them as an improvement over what they got now. And the cables! Internet ethernet computer to modem to this and that and everything under the sun, there's gotta be at least a mile of cable in there. Remember when you went and paid real money for cable? I remember my old pal Lippert, may he rest in peace, a very down to earth sort, demanding we stop at Staples so he could spent $24 on a critical piece of some sort of cable so his new computer would work. Dude, if you bought a vacuum cleaner or a power saw, would you pay extra for the cord? No! Of course everything these days is cordless. Surprisingly, this old luddite owns a cordless drill he's had for at least 25 years. I was an early adapter of new technology, or at least still somewhat newish. Truth is, I only bought it because it was on sale. That's another pitfall - buying shit just because it's on sale. There's a lot of that in the bin. Shelf brackets, usually two bucks each, on sale for forty-nine cents a pop, so you load up, cause you never know when you might need a shelf bracket. Anyway, the goal of this operation was to open up some space so I can do a little work-shoppy stuff in there. Still need to get rid of the 88 Mustang LX 5.0. Actually quicker than the GT because it didn't have the extra weight of the non-functioning scoops and ground skirts, although I'll admit the GT looks way sexier. There you go. I should have started a junk shop and used car dealership... both things I always wanted to do. That's what happens when you realize you're running out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment