Saturday, November 5, 2022

Sharkbit

Last time I did any plumbing work around the place, about 15 years ago, I ran my water lines with copper. Real honest-to-god metal on metal connections you made with a torch. That made it essential to get your measurements right. Thanks to the march of progress, it is now possible to make those water line connections without a torch or copper pipe. All you do is stab your plastic pipe into a Sharkbite connector. They're pricey compared to copper connections, but they are simple to attach and detach and are completely re-usable. I fell for the pitch. I made decisions in my bathroom renovation that were kinda based on "if that doesn't work, the connection is easy to undo." Turns out that was a lie. They sell you this stupid little tool for three bucks that's supposed to release the plastic pipe out of the Sharkbit fitting. I took it back and complained. They sold me a twelve dollar tool that works. Did I get my three bucks back for the tool that didn't work? Nope! Sharkbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment