Saturday, October 3, 2026
Did the golden age of rock & roll ever produce any superstars who were NOT drug addicts?
None come to mind. Ted Nugent maybe? But he was only a superstar for maybe a year and a half around the time of the Cat Scratch Fever tour. For the past fifty years his only paying gigs have been at GOP events. The serious superstars, Clapton, Beck, Page, Bowie, Prince, SRV, Steve Earle, MJ, Joe Strummer, Joe Perry, Keith... and you could pretty much work your way through the music industry "A" list and well into the B,C, and D lists and never find a somebody not tainted with the addiction curse.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think there's anything new under the sun about musically inclined folks wanting to get high. Then again, I'm living proof that getting high will not in and of itself kickstart your music career. I can only hope Liebe Mutti never sees this post, but maybe that's because I was never sufficiently addicted! I never really got beyond pot and beer, whereas successful musicians in the golden age started with heroin and took it from there. Maybe that's why most of them are dead and I'm not!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment