Thursday, November 15, 2018

Seeing things

The Arab guy did my other eye yesterday, and holy cow, can I ever see!

There's been a crack in the plaster of our bedroom ceiling for years. Never really paid any attention; I could barely see it...

Now it looks like the entire ceiling's on the verge of collapse!

And can I ever see where a coat of paint is required... EVERYWHERE!!!

Noticed the garden hose when I pulled in the drive today, and suddenly realized I haven't shut off the water to the outside tap.

Oh no! We've been in winter for a week already!

Last time I forgot to turn off the water the pipe split, and we had a little waterfall coursing down the basement wall, a mere couple of inches away from the electrical panel. Just got around to fixing that this summer.

Hope I got it in time; otherwise I guess I can fix it again in the spring. Point is, I wouldn't have thought about it had I not noticed the garden hose, and till now I've never noticed it, ever.

I can rattle off the 20/20 line on the eye chart with either eye, a first in my lifetime. The downside is I need reading glasses to read. And also for other stuff like seeing what screwdriver I need to remove the handle from the outdoor tap.

And trimming my nails...

And shaving.

And packing my vaporizer...

And... well, anything that you'd normally move closer to your eye to get a better look at.

I'm also learning about reading glasses. First pair were Foster Grants from the Rexall. Thirty bucks.

Then I found a pair of Foster Grants at the Looney Tooney for five bucks.

Today I went to Dollarama and got a pair of no names for $1.25. I thought 1.25 was the strength, till I got to the checkout and found out that was the price.

Holy moly, I've been buying glasses for fifty years, and I don't remember a pair coming in under $400 in years!

There's obviously one hell of a mark-up on this stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment