Saturday, December 1, 2018

Led Zeppelin at the Kennedy Center

Time.

Time was, I knew Led Zeppelin was for me when my dear daddy told me he wouldn't have that music under his roof.

Dad could be a bit stiff in his ways at times. Like the time he dumped out the bar I kept in my bedroom closet. Had all the essentials in there. A bottle of bourbon, a bottle of scotch, and a bottle of top shelf Canadian rye.

Dumped it all out, apparently unaware that the liquor store would be happy enough to replenish my supply, even if I had to relocate my bar.

Which I did.

Wonder what Dad would say if he saw Led Zeppelin at the Kennedy Center?

But there is a larger question here, and it has nothing to do with my dear father...

When the anti-establishment rebels of yesterday are feted at the Kennedy Center, the center of the establishment universe, are they still anti-establishment?


Or is this just more evidence that I'm getting too old?



No comments:

Post a Comment