Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Black dude takes over White Supremacist outfit

Here's a quote from a Guardian story about the Proud Boys, published Oct 1, 2020;

Trump’s refusal to condemn white supremacists during the debate, and his suggestion that the Proud Boys “stand by” during the current 2020 election campaign sent shockwaves through American politics. The Southern Poverty Law Center calls the Proud Boys a hate group.

That's typical of the reportage about the group over the last several years. White supremacists are working with Trump to undermine America's smiley-face democracy, and create a thousand year Trumpian Reich!

So imagine my relief when I saw the headlines informing me that the leader of this vile band of proto-fascists had been taken into custody in Washington this morning. 

Whew! 

Maybe now that his feared street-fighting militia has been decapitated, Trump will finally throw in the towel, I hoped.

Anyway, the name of the arrested "Chairman of the Board" caught my eye; Enrique Tarrio. Hmm... sounds like a Mexican, I thought, but you don't want to jump to conclusions. Besides, how is it possible that a Mexican would be the leader of a "White Supremacist" group?

So I google the guy, and guess what? It's even better than that! Looks to me like the leader of America's most feared gang of white supremacists is black! Here's Enrique's photo from his Wikipedia page.


Enrique describes himself as "Afro-Cuban," and I see no reason to quibble with his self-assessment. He's certainly not any shade of "white" that I've ever seen.

White supremacy just ain't what it used to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment