Saturday, January 9, 2021

The America I once loved has sunk to incomprehensible levels of stupidity

When I was a kid, the US of A was a happening deal. 

I used to have a little GE radio at my bedside. It picked up radio stations in Chicago. WLS and WCFL, if I remember correctly. I can recall their jingles. It's amazing what kinda shit gets stuck in the deep memory channels of your mind.

In the America I once loved we sorta glossed over the SE Asia thing. Viet Nam never really happened, or Laos or Cambodia or Mai Lai. Instead, we focused on what new power-train combos might be available in the Dodge lineup come September.

Which was way more interesting. Who cares about war when you can get a hemi-cuda convertible right off the local Plymouth dealer's lot?

I suppose we were on the path to maximum stupidity even then. We just didn't see the warning signs.

While the (take your pick: ruling elite, overlords, oligarchs, Deep State, establishment, etc) extol us to celebrate our hunky-dory paradise of diversity and social justice,  the USA that once dazzled me has gone down the drain.

No nation on the planet sells more lethal weapons and stirs up more shit all over the globe so that more nations will buy their lethal weapons.

It's a veritable perpetual motion machine!

Be that as it may, America's purchase on moral superiority has clearly gone for a shit. You can't entirely pin this on Trump, because that's been the trajectory of US history for at least the last 70 years.

In the past, I recall a robust culture of resistance to the machinations of the ruling establishment.

Today, John Brennan is a hero of the anti-Trump resistance. The former CIA boss is a champion of "the left"


Incomprehensible!



No comments:

Post a Comment