Saturday, May 8, 2021

They don't make lawnmowers like they used to

I've got nothing but good things to say about my current piece-of-shit made-in-China lawnmower. I picked it up at Home Hardware a few years ago for $199 plus tax. That replaced my previous piece-of-shit lawnmower, also made in China...

But, no more than five years into its tenure, and while the motor started first pull after the winter hibernation, today one of the wheels fell off. Well, not fell off completely, but I guess metal fatigue led to the collapse of the gusset that stabilises the wheel assembly. I was able to bend it back into its original position and continue my mission, but you can only do that so many times before the thing breaks off completely. 

So I mention to the Farm Manager that I may have to get a new mower. She says, maybe it's time to consider a ride-on.

Ya, maybe she's right. Maybe it's time. In my mind, I figure I'm saving the cost of a gym membership by pushing the fucking lawnmower around for three hours a week. 

But maybe I'm being an idiot. Maybe I should get with the modern times. Smell the coffee, as it were.

After doing some research, I found the perfect ride-on mower. As a bonus, it has a back-hoe at one end and a bucket at the other, and all that for a mere $50k! And it's not even made in China!


The FM comes back with "they've got a nice John Deere ride-on at Home Depot for nineteen hundred bucks and it's got a beer-can holder."



So does the Kubota!



No comments:

Post a Comment