Thursday, May 12, 2022

It's gonna be a good summer when the lawnmower starts on the first pull

Sorry about the formatting. I'm hoping one of the kids drops in for a visit soon. They'll have it sorted out in no time. Kids just get this internet shit way quicker than folks my age. I must be about the only dude who ever had to plead for permission to cut the grass. The Farm Manager has a bee in her bonnet about not cutting the grass till the end of May. Apparently that's to allow all sorts of wee critters like butterfies and bees to mature enough to get out of the way when you come along with the mower. I made the case that of 100 acres, I'm only mowing one of them, which leaves 99 acres of pastures and woodlands for the bees and the butterflys. Besides, by the end of May, the lawn around the house would be so thick I'd have to be going back and forth a few inches at a time. She relented, and shortly thereafter I had that Jesus moment. Oh ya, it's gonna be a good summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment