Sunday, March 4, 2018

Disengaging from the teat of pop culture

Been working up to it for a long time. And it takes a long time. After all, what's not to like about that teat?

The Oscars are on tonight, as in on the TV.

I don't care. I haven't seen a single movie that's up for an award.

The big news out of Hollywood of course is all this stuff around #metoo and #timesup. Can you even imagine? Rich guys would force themselves on aspiring starlets, and they got away with it for decades?

Who knew?

Who didn't?

Who didn't indeed! That's one reason the current faux outrage strikes me as more than a little... well, faux.

So I won't be watching the Oscars. I've missed every awards show so far this season. Also missed the Daytona 500 and the Superbowl.

It ain't easy, but I'm gradually giving up that teat...

No comments:

Post a Comment