Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Has-been actor Jim Carrey makes come-back as political pundit

I guess it's really really tough to give up your fifteen minutes. So while it's been a few years since Carrey rocked the box office, he's rocking the world 'o punditry on pretty much a daily basis.

I especially like this insight; "from Shining City to Evil Empire in 500 days."

Huh?

I'm not disputing the Evil Empire part...

It's just that I have a lot of trouble remembering the "Shining City on a Hill."

Was that when America did this?



Or this?



Or this?

My Lai Massacre Bodies

C'mon, Jimbo, 'splain to us again about that "Shining City On a Hill."


Sorry Dude; America has been an evil empire for a lot longer than 500 days.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting that Seymour Hersh broke both the My Lai Massacre and the Abu Ghraib prison stories. Yet, when he tried to expose the lies of the killing of Osama bin Laden, he was effectively censored in the US-no media would run the story and it was subsequently published by The London Review of Books. And the beat goes on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly does. It's sad how few people even recognize that iconic My Lai photo today. The empire of amnisiacs...

    ReplyDelete