Sunday, March 21, 2021

Poop City

That's what you get when the snow melts and you realize just how many shits your dog took over the winter.

We had a great weekend up here in the Great White North, notwithstanding the passing of a beloved aunt. She was so ready to go home to Jesus that it's difficult to be anything but happy for her.

Kicked the weekend off Friday night with wings and beer at this joint.


Yup, right there at the Wiarton International Airport! Those folks used to have a food truck, and now they've got a sit-down joint at the airport. That's how Bitove started, if I remember correctly.

They ran a pretty sharp operation. I remember one time I had missed a flight, and ended up killing a few hours at the Bitove-run bar at Pearson, waiting for the next one. And it wasn't that I wanted to stiff them on my tab, but the barkeep was way busy and my flight was finally leaving again, so, what the hell...

I was well past all the checkpoints and almost to my seat when Buddy from the bar taps me on the shoulder and waves the bill in my face. That's how you run a business!

Anyway, it was wing night, and we went for the fire and ice recipe. Most agreeable! For forty bucks with a couple of drinks and a decent tip, me and Bruno were able to have wings 'n fries for lunch again on Saturday.

Not sure what the long-term prospects are for the Wiarton-Keppel International Airport. Wiarton is the town, Keppel is the township. They're both broke, or close enough to it that they can't keep subsidising an "international" airport.

That should be the responsibility of the federal government, but they don't seem to have much interest. Perhaps we should be marketing the airport as a forward base for USAF missiles defending us from Russian and China.

That would at least attract some fed funding!


No comments:

Post a Comment