Wednesday, November 11, 2020

I thought I smelled chipmunk farts...

I'm sitting in the lounge area at Baywest Toyota, because every few months the car tells me it needs maintenance. 

The assistant service manager comes out carrying the air filter that allegedly cleanses the cabin air in my car. He's holding it out in front like he made some kind of exotic discovery.

"I think maybe you got squirrels or something building a nest here."

It's the damned chipmunks. Even though Doublewide dispatched half a dozen of the little bastards over the summer, there's plenty left. I often see them duck under the car, and they'll sit on top of the tires keeping an eye on the cat, me, and the bird-feeders. 

When the coast is clear they'll make a dash for the peanuts we put out for the woodpeckers and blue-jays. 

After a hearty lunch, I suppose they retire to my air cleaner for a leisurely nap.

Here's what I'm wondering. If AI is so smart, instead of the car telling me it "needs maintenance," why can't it tell me there's chipmunks living in it?


Even better would be if that artificial intelligence could get them to move somewhere else.



No comments:

Post a Comment