Thursday, October 14, 2021

Best thing about the days getting shorter - they'll be getting longer soon!

I didn't pay attention to the seasons before I became a pensioner. Now that I've become a pensioner who does nothing but sit on the stoop all day, I notice them a lot more.

I've learned they're cyclical. One follows the other, and then comes the next. This goes on season after season, year after year. 

Who knew!?

Not that I didn't notice the seasons. If the heating bill jumped 500%, it was winter. If you had to cut the lawn, it was summer. Simple as that.

Now I'm seeing the geese ramp up their practice flights every autumn. That's roughly when the bats vacate their attic apartment to make for their winter digs in the caves along the escarpment, not more than five miles away. I don't understand why they bother moving.

That's one of the things you come to realize when you're watching the seasons roll by; how much you don't understand.

But they'll keep rolling by, whether you understand it or not.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment