Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Fear and loathing at the dog park

I take Bruno to the park about quarter aught eight this morning. It's a cold drizzly shitty morning, and there's nobody there.

On account of the weather, which is only predicted to worsen, I figure my 5k lap up the sideroad might be scrubbed today. The drizzle could turn to rain by then. I decided we'd do a few turns around the empty dog-park.

On about our third turn I notice that the mom of the super-poofy poodle and the wee terrier-doodle is bringing her kids in.

I'd assumed she had also reciprocally noted the presence of me and the Big Boy. Apparently that was not the case.

She didn't notice till both her dogs had their noses on Bruno's nether regions. And he on theirs. It's what dogs do.

Then they began to romp... and poodle-doodle mama panics. 

The dogs are chasing each other, and she's chasing the dogs wailing Koko Koko Koko!!!

I assume that was the name of her little Doodle.

She finally corrals Koko, puts her other pup on the leash, and off they go.

No more dog park for her kids.


She doesn't even realize Koko scared Bruno way more than he scared her.



No comments:

Post a Comment