Friday, January 13, 2023

Sitrep: Bathroom Reno

We're waiting for the grout to cure, and then we'll have a functional shower for the first time since October. People assume you must really stink if you haven't had a shower in four months, but that is not the case. We only lost hot water for a few hours, and as long as you got hot water and soap, there's no excuse. Mind you, there are added risks. We've got a generous sized farmhouse sink in the kitchen, but I damn near broke my back when I fell off the kitchen counter. Thank God that's over! There were many lessons learned in the course of this adventure. Lesson 1: I'll never make it as a plumber. My four month project would have been a four day project for professionals. I'm sure if I had to do this over, I could cut down the execution time by at least half. But here's the problem. As a non-professional, I do these projects every ten or twenty years, not every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment