Saturday, March 18, 2023

Red or Blue?

You might have thought I was off on an exploration of the pros and cons of the Republicans vs the Democrats. But I'm not. Not that I couldn't have some fun going down that road. American politics - what a... joke? No, the stakes are way too high for jokes. It's more of a tragedy, American democracy is. But I digress. I was talking about toques, not politics. Old-style toques, with the pom-pom on top, like Bob and Doug used to wear. Took my 5k walk today in blizzard conditions wearing my blue toque. Got home and settled into the Lay-z-boy, where I'd left the red toque. I'm a guy who cares about his image, so I said to the Farm Manager, "What works best, the red toque or the blue?" I modelled both of them for her. After a rather brief assessment, she says "As long as you don't leave them lying on the fucking couch for me to put away I don't really care."

No comments:

Post a Comment