Sunday, July 22, 2018

The Oxenden Pachanga

Back in the day, when I lived on one of the prime streets in Guelph, my next-door neighbours, both professors of philosophy at the U of G, had a go-to weekend place up here near Oxenden.

I drive through Oxenden pretty much every day now.

If you come up the Old Mill Road from the east, and then make a turn at your first right, you'll notice what I believe to be a 23' Pachanga on a trailer.

Right behind that house on the corner.

And this is all within the town limits of Oxenden, such as they are...

I drive by there all the time.

I'm guessing that Pachanga's a single big-block.

No matter. Any Pachanga is a classic in the annals of hi-performance boating!

On the other hand, even a wee minimalist small-block Pachanga is gonna run you five hundred bucks to fill up the gas tank.

Fuck that!


I'm signed up for sailing lessons at the Lake of Bays sailing club starting Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment