Saturday, May 30, 2020

One day at a time

At noon today, the temperature here was 9C. Three days ago, it was 29C.

I think we broke the weather.

I'm having a helluva time getting away from this lap-top. Lock-down has totally ramped up my screen addiction. There's always something else you just have to check out before you put it away.

I've become a compulsive reader of Zero Hedge. The sky is always just about to fall, and you surely wouldn't want to miss the moment when it finally does.

Talked to an old pal on the phone today. He gets down to Pittsburgh once or twice a week. He says the tent encampments are visibly larger every time. "It's fucked up to see an Audi parked in front of a tent in a parking lot."

I guess you want to hang on to your phone and your wheels as long as possible. At least you could theoretically make it to that theoretical job interview.

I've heard that truckers delivering produce to the NYC area now swap out their trailers to local contractors on the periphery, who then do the in-city deliveries with armed guards aboard.

The shit will really hit the fan when Trump's niggardly alms for the poor run out.


That's when the bankruptcy and eviction tsunami will strike full bore. The richest and most powerful society in the history of history will run out of parking lots for the tent people... and America will explode.

In the meantime, I've got grass to cut and bird-feeders to fill... just gonna have a quick peek at Zero Hedge before I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment