Friday, March 15, 2019

Stop glorifying killers

There's no such thing as bad publicity for someone determined to be famous/infamous.

The person(s) behind today's outrage in NZ explicitly referenced the Quebec City mosque shooter and Norway's mass murderer by name.

Every news outlet on the planet has a feature window right now along the lines of "what we know about the Christchurch killer."

I already know everything I need to know about the Christchurch killer. Only a madman takes a gun into a place of worship and kills unarmed people.

And that's all I need to know. I don't need to know their name and I don't need to know their back story and I don't need to know their delusions.

Giving a platform to the madman's delusions accomplishes what?

Aside from egging on other would-be madmen with delusions who realize they too can become world famous in fifteen minutes, it accomplishes nothing.


Stop glorifying mass murderers!


No comments:

Post a Comment