Saturday, December 10, 2022

Talking to Bev

When I was negotiating the sale of a couple of surplus parts cars to a scrap dealer, I was told to call Bev at the tow company. I call the number. A dude answers the phone. "Can I speak to Bev please." "This is Bev, how can I help you?" Momentary pause. "Oh sorry Bev, my mistake... " Next day Bev rolls up in a big drop-deck unit. He's a rotund middle age dude. I apologize again for having thoughtlessly misgendered him. "Sorry man. I guess it's like that Johny Cash song. Did having a girly name make you stronger?" "Actually, it worked out pretty good. When I was in high school, girls would tell their parents they're going to Bev's place to study for the test. That went way better for me than it did for any of my buddies."

No comments:

Post a Comment