Thursday, December 22, 2022

The Toronto 8; teen girl gang kills man for bottle of booze

We're getting down to motive in the sordid Toronto case of the 59 year old homeless man knifed to death by a gaggle of teens. Seems there was an altercation over a bottle of booze. Perfectly understandable then... after all, it seems a clear breach of human rights to deny alcohol to teenagers. As a veteran high-school teacher, I've gleaned some insights into teens and booze. Overall, I'd say teens and booze is not a positive combo. It seldom ends well. Although there are exeptions. I recall one of my students showing up well before class, in distress bordering on hysteria. "Oh Mr. Neumann, I'm going to jail," she wailed. "I don't know what to do!" I tried to calm her and get to the bottom of the story. Seems she and another teen girl had befriended an older chap and persuaded him to procure them a little something from the liquor store. Mission accomplished, but then the unlucky older chap thought he might get lucky and insisted on accompanying his new teen friends back to their home. Then he wouldn't leave. "So what could I do, Mr. Neumann?" she sobbed. "I smashed him in the head with a bottle and he fell down the stairs. Then the ambulance came, and the police. Now I'm going to jail because I'm already on probation... WHaaaAW!!!" Let's think this through, kid. Buddy buys booze for under-age girls, then sexually harrasses them. They beat him up. What do you think he's gonna tell the cops?

No comments:

Post a Comment