Friday, June 30, 2023

When spastic twitching devoured pop culture

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was in the Jimmy Carter era. The seventies are a blurr to me, for the most part. There I was, hanging out with a gang of religious wankers who had reinvented themselves as "Jesus People." Early 70's had a lot of hippy-dippy shit going on. We were still recovering from the death of the sixties. We didn't want to believe Altamont had put paid to "the revolotion." Oh ya, all the true believers believed we were living the revolution! Then the Ramones took to the stage at the presciently named Rainbow in '76, and pop culture has never been the same. But you gotta admit "now I wanna sniff some glue" reset the bar for pop culture. We've been in a never-ending downward spiral ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment