Thursday, June 1, 2023

When the world is going down the shitter, it's more important than ever to count your blessings

Gotta say things are looking bleak. The Ukraine shit-show has a good chance of turning us all into radioactive dust. The AI wave that is all the rage has it's creators warning their Frankenstein could make humans extinct. Focus your lens on the local picture and there's more folks than ever living their lives and voiding their bowels on the street. Literally. It's ugly times we live in. My personal secret to maintaining sanity is to appreciate the small stuff. Time with friends. Meals with family. Paying it forward at Timmies... and being mindfull of what good fortune permits you all of the above. I was blessed with a grandchild recently, and must raise a toast to the youngsters who are brave enough to take a chance on reproduction in these perilous times. But day in and day out, the blessing I used to take for granted is hanging out with my dog, and I've learned to pay attention to how much he adds to the quality of my life. He has no concerns re Ukraine, artificial intelligence, American exceptionalism, the climate crisis, the housing crisis, racism, fascism, sexism, feminism, capitalism, communism... a simple companion for complicated times. All I have to do is feed him and he rewards me with unconditional love. That's a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment