Sunday, December 22, 2019

Happy Pontiac Solstice

If I'm not mistaken, yesterday was the winter solstice. That used to be a big fat winter holiday back in pagan times, but then the Christians took it over and called it "Christmas."

My old pal Robert even sent me a solstice greeting.


Image preview

Thanks!

Robert does some nice stuff. He deserves more recognition.


Very next day, my other old pal, Kipling, calls me up with a yarn that is so bent you know I couldn't make it up.

He was gonna surprise his long-suffering wife with a new car for Christmas. He'd found a vintage Pontiac Solstice he was sure she always wanted. If you're like me, and said " a what?," this is what they look like;


2006 Pontiac solstice MINT! CERTIFIED, QUICK SALE. NEED GONE!!!!

Kinda reminds me of the time Dad got my Mom a new chainsaw for her birthday, but whatever...

With Kipling, of course, life can never adhere to the script you imagined for it. He's in Kitchener, the car is in Cornwall, he's got the whole deal done and just has to pick up the car.

So he hooks up his tow dolly and heads up the 401.

Gets to Cornwall, where his wife's bought-and-paid-for Solstice is waiting, and guess what! The Solstice doesn't fit on the tow dolly!

Which, among other things, underscores the importance of a good grounding in basic math.

Dude, did it not occur to your pot-addled brain to measure the car and make sure it would fit on the dolly BEFORE you drove to Cornwall?

Anyway, he called to scrub our breakfast at the Teviotdale Truck Stop tomorrow. He'll still be in Cornwall figuring out how to get two vehicles back to Kitchener with one driver.


I would have offered to help you out pal, but I just burned one...


Happy Pontiac Solstice to all!








No comments:

Post a Comment