Friday, December 13, 2019

Why can't the wee ones sleep on the pool table?

The Farm Manager can't help but scour the real estate listings for places that are a little closer to the city. She figures then the kids would visit more often.

I have my doubts, but at least it would be less driving when we go to see them.

She finds this place in Mount Forest that she figures might fill the bill. Two beds and a bath up, and downstairs you've got another bedroom and full bath, plus an expansive space that's set up as a media room at the one end and has a pool table at the other.

We'd have called that the rec room back in the day.

She figures the pool table should come out, and that end of the rec-room-media-room could perhaps be utilised for a bunk bed to accommodate our as yet non-existent grand kids.

I've always fancied a pool table in the house, but I've never had one, except for those few years I lived in Durham. That was sweet! It was like living upstairs of the pool hall!

Durham actually had a real pool hall at the time, in the back at Hastie's Cigar Shop. By the time I got to Durham, Mr. Hastie had pretty much shut the back room down. He had vintage six by twelves back there. It was like a billiard museum. There I was, hardly a block away, with a billiard table in my basement.

You can see why nostalgia would force me to object to the FM's plan to replace the pool table with bunk beds.


Why can't the wee ones just sleep on the pool table?


No comments:

Post a Comment