Friday, January 4, 2019

A gas fireplace makes you lazy

Fire makes direct connections with our most primitive instincts. That's why we like sitting round a campfire. Whether you've got the Girl Guide troop singing campfire songs or a bunch of hillbillies swigging homebrew straight out of the jug, when you do it around a campfire, it's special.

Same goes for having a campfire in the house... a "fireplace" if you will. Back in the day, having a fireplace meant you had to cut down a tree, cut and split the wood, let it dry, and then enjoy those primitive connections.

Then they invented the gas fireplace.

You don't need those trees anymore.

Nor do you need to cut and split and tote and stack.

No, all you have to do now is push a button.


I like to visit the Mercedes website now and then, mainly to remind myself how much money I'm saving driving a fifteen year old Subaru that can go places no Mercedes can. I see where you can now choose amongst 64 different colours of ambient lighting for the interior of your new C300.

Get the fuck outta here!

One thing I've never ever asked myself in over fifty years of vehicle ownership is "what colour of ambient lighting should I get?"

Times have changed, I guess...


And that fifteen year old Subaru is looking better every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment