Saturday, February 6, 2021

Death by algorithm

One of my pet whinges concerns the algorithm's used to suppress wrongthink on the Blogger platform. I know it's not about me, because I'm not a Russian bot; I'm a mere useful idiot. 

A couple months after I started this blog I got an email from somebody at Before It's News, asking permission to repost it. For the first couple of years, views on Blogger outstripped views on Before It's News by a handy margin. As the algos were gradually refined, that changed, quite drastically.

In January I published 43 posts at Blogger, 42 of which showed up at Before It's News. As of today, those posts have a total of 607 views at Blogger, the biggest blog host on the web. At the fringe site Before It's News, where I'm on the fringe of that fringe website, stashed out of the way in the "alternative" section, those posts have 4,872 views.


No comments:

Post a Comment