Thursday, February 4, 2021

Former head of Canadian Armed Forces General Vance couldn't keep it in his pants?

I have no opinion about this story but I do find it highly ironic. I seem to recall multiple news stories over the past few years about Vance vowing to drum this scourge of sexual harassment out of the forces.

I suspect the underlying problem isn't so much a failure of military governance as it is a failure of political correctitude. Nobody knows the details of the alleged indiscretions, but the entire nation has found him guilty. 

I'm willing to bet that over the course of a four decades career most folks would have at one time or another fancied a co-worker. What that looked like will of course vary from case to case, and indeed, some of those relations may have been abusive and should be called out.


But let's stop stigmatizing people who find one another attractive and want to make with them, as the Bard wrote, "the beast with two backs."



No comments:

Post a Comment